Thursday, February 7, 2008

today, tomorrow

Not feeling inspired on the post titles tonight then.

Today for dinner, from our garden: garlic, red onion, carrot, swiss chard, tomatoes, beetroot, celery, potatoes. Not a bad haul.

Useful also in that it made room for me to fit the last 22 leek, 2 kale and 2 brocolli seedlings into the garden. Which I did.

I have some healthy looking shoots coming out of my seed pots - going to need to be creative to find homes for them all in a fortnight. Companion planting might be out of the window as I named none of them and yet have never eaten let alone grown some of the seeds.

Tomorrow: not going to paid work (which I started this week - all going very well so far and enjoying it) so should be relatively cruisy. No. Why not? Cos I invited coffee group round to my house. Cue usual domestic torment.

If I invited you and your brood round to my house for 10am, would you prefer:
a) home made carrot cake but a dirty toilet and bathroom, eat it outside in the sun
b) no home baking but clean toilet and bathroom. Drink cups of tea outside in the sun
c) it rains. you are inside. if the lounge is clear of clean laundry, then the toilet and bathroom will still be dirty. No show on the home baking front.

I don't dare look at the weather forecast. I'll have a lovely time with the coffee group. It's the preparation which tortures me.

No comments: