Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Omnivore's Dilemma

I am finding Michael Pollan's booking riveting. What can't America do to corn? I'm only a third of the way through but I've learnt a lot. I really appreciate our NZ beef now. Raised on grass as they are most suited to. In recent months I've stopped in the cereal aisle multiple times and not bought anything (beyond porridge oats which I try to get at the organic food coop in the next town) cos the ingredients list is so unpalatable. Pollan's book has reinforced my thoughts and reaction on commercial cereals 200%. I used to make my own muesli but the last three times I've burnt it. Can't try that again soon cos BREAD is my new challenge.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Need to read this one ... I've just finished In Defence of Food, and it gives plenty of food for thought. Interesting to hear your thoughts

Joanna