Saturday, February 9, 2008

the dinner diary

New low in topic discussion here.

I decided at dinner that I should keep a record of our dinner meals and see if what I think we're eating (cost and nutrition factors) and what we are actually eating bear any resemblance. I'll stick to just dinner as if I did all three meals, I might kill myself with my own boringness.

So tonight:
corn on the cob (fresh)
oven baked wedges (home made)
hummous (home made with tinned chickpeas but home grown garlic, basil and parsley)
cherry tomatoes from the garden.

We are on a serious budget mission at the moment and maybe this will help keep me from buying any ready made fish and chips. Due to the gluten free and egg free status of dinners in our house, we never get supermarket ready meals. Apart from baked beans. Saviour of me.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Sandra.....when I've done my first thousand (if we haven't yet left these shores) I'm planning on doing exactly *this*. Don't feel you need to read it;-)