Friday, February 15, 2008

Dinner

Tonight: fish in a gentle stir fry in the frying pan. Nearly all meals I cook are in one pot. One for breakfast and one for dinner. That's quite enough dishes thank you.

fish: from the local fishmongers - locally caught. I don't do locally caught fish guilt, though I am aware that it could easily be added to my guilt repertoire.

celery, lemon thyme, garlic, tomatoes - home grown

beans - home grown and gifted to us by our lovely friend Paul.

potatoes from Marlborough as per two nights ago.

carrots and broccoflower and onions and soy sauce and pepper and olive oil from *the shop*.

It took some serious discipline not to end up at the chippie tonight. I had to continually remind myself that the chippie is $15 spent with still no veges in our tummies. The letter saying that our credit card interest rates are about to go up helped. I've only ever paid interest on our credit card once before, and I'm highly motivated to clear the whole thing as asap. I'm shocked that so many people regularly pay such exorbitant interest sums to their bank.

AND I've finished the apron. Very proud of myself. Wearing it now.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Great dinner ... I'm in the middle of a mammoth fish-guilt thing, although I don't like to fuss about food. So I shall bear your attitude in mind to stop it getting out of hand.

Love the blog - and thanks for the link

Joanna