Friday, February 8, 2008

Hopelessly behind

Two friends have recently announced that they are stopping their blogs. Is blogging going out of fashion? No doubt I'll be the last to work it out if so.

Thanks Nikki for the archive meme. I don't think I want to do the meme but I'm flattered you chose me. Though I do wonder with this meme business generally whether it isn't a bit like tupperware parties. Someone asks you to host one and gain lovely hostess gifts which sounds lovely. Then you have to invite everyone you know and wonder if anyone will turn up. And bake cakes. And clean the house. I of course have tupperware parties every week because I love doing all the aforementioned tasks. hiccup. I am also a hopeless liar.

If anyone is out there, could you explain what meme actually means or stands for please?

Today after coffee group (clean toilet and bathroom, bought biscuits including mallowpuffs. Gotta have some treat for that cleaning) the baby went to sleep and I had an hour to chill out. The moon calendar says today should be a rest day but I didn't want to rest from the garden; I wanted to get out in the garden and rest from the house.

So I have now added compost over the rest of the punga raised bed and then stole some more grass clippings from down the road and added that over the top.

Big skite about my compost - heaps of worms. Hundreds of writhing red worms. I have red and brown worms in my garden.

Another project ready for attack is the tobacco bed. I need to find out when to harvest the tobacco, presumably sometime within the next six weeks. Then I need to either layer it with newspaper and start a raised bed on the no dig model and thus deal to the many weeds. Or weed the plot and build it up using the current soil. I don't have enough materials for option one, but not sure if I have sufficient time and patience for option two. I'll probably put a broad bean crop in there. Not that I liked broad beans last season, but they do the nitrogen thing and then I'll put peas in front in spring. eventually the glasshouse will go on this site. But not sure of the time frame for the glasshouse or chooks. The chook house I looked at last weekend was not at all suitable. Very odd design which used up masses of lawn space but gave relatively little room inside for the chooks. No run with it.

No comments: