Sunday, February 24, 2008

Inside out and upside down

Today Favourite Handyman and I did jobs inside. We didn't enjoy it. Neither did the children. We would rather be outside painting, gardening, lawnmowing, stacking wood or indeed any other outside activity.

So now I can see the top wood of my dresser again, I've sorted through more piles of already paid bills paperwork and other windowed envelope stuff, I have a three drawer unit to store my sewing and knitting stuff in (how did that grow?) and I've found a calendar for this year and put it by my computer. Favourite Handyman has shared his extensive collection of laminated National Geographic maps with us (they had been in storage in Auckland all the time I've known him it seems) and we have them decorating many but not yet all the walls in the house. Nearest to my computer I now have a poster of the 'Earth's Dynamic Crust'. Plus some photos of us in the Aran Islands, Ireland in 2001.

Not sharing cos' it's exciting. Just recording that I am being a good girl and preparing for winter when we will have to live inside more.

No comments: