Thursday, February 14, 2008

proud little post

I've set up the sewing machine and turned half an old crib/basinette sheet into two nappy wipes. I'll wash and use them before sewing the rest up - not sure if they need to be double thickness as the fabric isn't especially worn.

Then, tadadadada, I started making an apron. I had a small coffee table tablecloth from the Sallies, an exuberant orange and green flower pattern marred only by a large pale yellow stain in the middle. Stains be damned, this apron is for getting dirty anyway. So I sewed two corners over to make room for my arms. I then used an old piece of curtain, also from the Sallies and a remnant of the curtain skirt I made a few months back when I was having a watered down Scarlet O'Hara moment, to make the ties and the head loop. I've done the head loop but will leave the ties for tomorrow.

Today was raining, in case you can't tell.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Hi, good job on the apron!
Do you know why my courgettes leaves have gone all white and funny?

Im just the kind of gardener who makes most of it up as i go along, and all was going very well until this morning when i noticed the funny white leaves.

Sandra said...

Sounds like powdery mildew to me. My plants have had it all season and yet are still producing very well. So well that I may have enough for making more zucchini pickle tomorrow. From merely two plants.