Tuesday, June 10, 2008

preparing for herbs

Today I dug some more Bokashi in. I have no photographs so unlikely to be of interest as anything more than my gardening notes for next year.

When we moved in there were huge ugly overgrown bushes which had probably been planted 30 years before and never well managed. They blocked out lots of light along the side garden near the kitchen. We cut the down and put the punga raised bed on top of the site. Since then the tropicanna lilies which looked all but dead along the fence line have started to bloom. I buried bokashi on one side of them last year which must also have helped.

So today I buried bokashi on the other side of the lilies and was pleased to see good fat healthy worms already processing the soil. This spot will be for some of my herbs - as I want no less than 12 new ones next year, I'm always on the lookout for more easy gardening options to site them.

No comments: