Friday, June 13, 2008

My garden today

photos!!

The punga raised bed. The unknown brassica blew over in the big winds last week. The blank areas all have garlic underneath. The kitchen path garden. This was all stones when we arrived. Since then we've eaten broccoli, swiss chard and garlic from it. Currently it has lettuces, pansies, feverfew, chives, parsley and freesias. A bit scrappy looking at the moment, but it is winter and hopefully by next year I'll have more perennial herbs in here.
Work still to be done. This is another view of what will be my yellow garden. That is the garage in the background. There was all trees and no sunlight here last winter. The fence needs to come down, the green foliage at the front is of a rampant tree and it needs to be kept in check. Just behind the fence I have planted spring bulbs and you can just make out the pea straw over horse manure which I layed down a couple of months ago. Pumpkins there this summer I hope. The stack of wood against the garage will all go on building projects round the garden in time. There is still a lot to do here and I've no intention of spending big bucks getting a quick fix. I don't plan on any lawn outside the garage in time, so building good paths for access to the garden as I create it is important.

No comments: