Saturday, June 21, 2008

a bit more hibernating,

and a bit less going out and getting exhausted is what is needed at my home. Most particularly by me. After a week spent mostly in bed or in front of the fire, I am cancelling everything which is not paid work for the next month and I'm staying home and a) resting and b) turning our home into a lovely clean and tidy place to be. Tidy may be pushing it given our personalities but clean isn't, and it's worth trying.

I'm also stopping any more garden patch expansion and concentrating on existing areas. I've already made quite a bit of new space for this coming growing season. Depending on the chook project timing, this could mean we don't have potatoes this year, but there will be lots of other vegetables and fruit instead.

I'm making good progress (I think) on my knitted cardigan and in four weeks' time, I hope to be wearing it.

I've never banned myself from outings for so long before. But fatigue is most unbecoming.

Visits to the library are still allowed - cornerstone of civilisation, books. So shortly I'll be going in to our local library and collecting their newly arrived copy of Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. That should help me rest very nicely.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I've just started the Kingsolver, to go with our once-a-week locavore project, One Local Summer. It looks interesting. I look forward to hearing your views on it

Joanna