Sunday, August 26, 2007

The desk

Anyway, I'd asked Favourite Handyman to remove the lid of the school desk so I could create a mini glasshouse in it. He and Fionn went the extra mile and painted it blue and white with splotches of bright red around the side like butterflies. It looks gorgeous, way beyond what I'd imagined or asked for.

It wasn't until I got home that I realised a crucial error on my part. The depth of the desk is indeed sufficient to fit pricked out seedling pots, but there is no room for the actual plants to grown upwards. I could use it for raising seedlings from the seed stage, but I already have three plastic propagators for that. The other alternative is to find a way of raising the sides with something strong enough to still rest the heavy safety glass on top. I'm looking around and I'm thinking. Still.

No comments: