Monday, July 21, 2008

that winter feeling

Nothing terrible, just endless sausages. I can see a week or so of food planning online (i.e. here) could help lift the fog of sameness. I held off doing a large-ish organic beans and pulses order because a friend had offered to get some last week. She brought me back some borlotti beans which soaked all of today and are now on low in the slow cooker for the night. I have in mind to add chilli and pumpkin to them tomorrow morning and hopefully it is all yummy by night time and then the last of my kale can go in.

I've pulled the last home slaughtered rooster out of the freezer to defrost. That can slow cook all of Wednesday. This time I'll keep the cooking juices for stock.

I've put radish and alfalfa seeds in a jar to soak tonight and have more yoghurt in the yoghurt thermos. I made parsley hummous this morning and that helps fill the lunchboxes. The apple crumble I made this afternoon went down well tonight and there are small portions in containers for the children's lunches tomorrow.

I'm keen to play round with soda bread this week and I want to make the recipe I spotted again today for roasted garlic and pea puree. If it turns out as good as it looks in my recipe book, then it could be another lunch box hit.

No comments: