Wednesday, July 9, 2008

seed control

So there I was, making my seed order list from the Kings seed catalogue. Oops, I have 23 packets on my list. And that is on top of over 25 seed packets which I already own. And the cost comes to $60. And we don't have that much ground in cultivation.

hmmmmmm.

So tonight I printed off the Ecoseeds catalogue so I could properly pore over it. Before I pored in top gear earnest, I made a plan of the house and gardens and labelled what vege/herb was to go where. That put the brakes on me much more effectively. So now I have a list of nine seed packets I want from Ecoseeds, who grow their own seed organically, by open pollination, here in NZ (Kings Seeds import the bulk if not the entirety of their products). The total cost is about $35. Much better.

Potatoes and yams I will source locally later this year.

2 comments:

Rach said...

You're a winner! I'd have been looking for more land to dig up.

Nova said...

sooo what are you getting?? what's on your wish list?

thus far i've only got my taters & preordered some comfrey, but the koanga institute catalogue should be out today, which i'm looking forward to perusing!