Thursday, May 22, 2008

sewing night

Went to sewing class for the first time tonight and had a great time. Got some sewing done as well. I have four friends also doing the class and really enjoyed the company of the other women there who I had not already met. I made some nappy wipes out of my stash of lovely patterned pillowcases which I find irresistible at the Sallies. Mucked up the tension on my machine by the end. It's not a sewing session if I don't do that, it seems. Might buy a Bernina bobbin for next week so I can use the school machines. I will move on to the purple skirt project next week. At some point I want to have a go at replacing a zip with the tutor's guidance. That really would be a useful skill to have.

We also got to yak about book groups (I started one with a friend two years ago but we seem always to get unappealing books this year). We talked about various food coop possibilities and I discovered that my friend Emily has previously done coop orders from Havoc Farm and despite my earlier intention to not buy more meat for a while, I put my hand up.

I also learnt about International Knit in Public Day in June 14, 2008. So we're planning a knit and chat and coffee session (simultaneous) on that day.

We didn't talk about gardening which was a sad omission. I would like to get a local food growing group going so we can share ideas and experiences and tips which relate to our very local growing conditions. I'll get there.

1 comment:

Sharonnz said...

Zips = ugh. One good reason I own a snap press;-) I'll be Knitting in Public that day!