Thursday, May 1, 2008

peak oil - no stashing here just yet

I've been swanning round internet tonight, in preference to cleaning the kitchen or reading a book but in tandem with knitting my upside down cardi and I was struck that many bloggers that I read are storing items for peak oil.

I'm not.

I'm trying to get rid of as much as possible.

Our house is full of stuff. So full of stuff we mostly can't find the useful things we need when we want them. Full of xanthan gum and potato flour in the cupboard and clothes that don't fit and are missing buttons and newspapers from ridiculous amounts of time ago. I could go on.

I don't think I'll be waking up tomorrow and unable to ever buy wool again. Or go to The Warehouse, though that sounds quite attractive, never being able to go to The Warehouse again.

My goal is to use everything in our house and streamline to things we use.

Then, if I ever get there, I might give myself permission to hoard again.

1 comment:

Rach said...

you n me alike babe!

not that I don't believe in peak oil, coz actually I do

but we've already got too much

fullstop