Sunday, May 25, 2008

chook project BEGUN!

Favourite Handyman and I hauled out the huge wooden box from a friend who left town this afternoon. After much consideration of the best conversion-to-chook-house design by us both, FH began to build.

Words do not begin to express my excitement.

In other news, I'm enjoying Clarissa Dickson Wright's autobiography. Just reading her writing makes me feel like a dose of indulgence and cooking beans from scratch and other frugal vegetarian and goodly pursuits just don't cut it. Eventually, much buoyed by the chook house movements, I made pasta for, having found anchovies, red wine and parmesan with which to make properly indulgent food and drink.

I know canned fish are unethical. But I am just not prepared to give up anchovies. Just 1-2 times per month. Fire darts at me if you need to. Anchovies sauteed with mushrooms and thyme and garlic are too divine. I'd rather give up red meat.

1 comment:

Sharonnz said...

The smaller fish like anchovies and sardines are not as high impact as fish like tuna. At least that's what I tell myself as I spread the salty little devils on my pizzas!