Monday, May 5, 2008

herbs

I was weeding the herb patch this afternoon when it occurred to me I could make my own mixed herbs. So I've snipped oregano, rosemary, thyme and sage and they are now in paper bags, pegged to a tiny line in the hot water cupboard.

Then I thought I'd make peppermint tea. I bought peppermint seeds two years ago and today was the first tea day. It wasn't really strong enough before the water got cold, so I think I need to dry some of that so I can fit more potency into one cup.

Using up the cupboard. Popcorn. I found four different bags/containers of the stuff last week. A fairly pleasant project, using up popcorn. I use the pressure cooker saucepan to make it as it has a suitably heavy base.

1 comment:

Nik said...

My DH eats popcorn about 4 times a week (and the kids get a saved container too). I'm thinking I might need to grow some this year!