Thursday, April 24, 2008

Using up the cupboard day 6

Won some, lost some.

Winning: found some couscous and made it into tabbouleh. I'm also trying to eat up the fridge and made progress with that by making butternut squash and feta cheese risotto. Hot for lunch, cold alongside the tabbouleh for dinner

Losing: this afternoon was to be cereal afternoon. I hauled every single item out of the cupboard which houses the cereal and various other items. Found where the mice have been partying finally! I gave up on the old cereals and also on the gf flours. They're all on the compost now. I just could not imagine living long enough to want to eat them. I know it's bad of me when half the world starving is turning into more and more than half every day at the moment. I have to face my badness some time.

Amongst the compost:
puffed millet
puffed rice
rice flakes
apricot and bran cereal
gf cereal
gf cornflakes
more expensive gf flour which doesn't make anything nice when you can't add egg to it either than I wish to quantify

Down the sink went some very old and odd smelling sushi sauces. I kept the four packets of sushi wrappers which I found because we do like sushi and I don't think they will have gone off. We must have had a phase of making it every week, but that was a long time ago now.

At least the cupboard is clean and you can actually see what is in it now.

No comments: