Friday, April 18, 2008

Awesome photo essay

Of course it's not mine. Words I produce ad nauseum; the techie bit of digital photos seems to be like housework for me. Beyond me most of the time.

Anyway, here, thanks to Briana introducing herself in a recent comment on my blog, I have found the most wonderful excerpt from a book, called Hungry Planet I think, showing photos of families in different parts of the world with their for the week and how much they spent on it. From $500 to $1.53. Made me realise not just about the cost of it, but just how much of the day must be devoted to food preparation in families without nearby, safe water. What a pampered woman I am, pulling leftovers out for lunch from our fridge less than an hour ago. I used the last of the olives on top of my pasta and wondered when I'd next buy olives given the prices of food and our thrift goals. Hey ho the princess moans huh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.