Sunday, April 20, 2008

Using up the cupboard day 2

Oh the warm glow of success. Both Favourite Handyman and Fionn have loved dinner TWO nights running. I made cheese pastry from the Edmonds Cookbook and placed on top of last night's leftovers (marrow and red lentil concoction. recipe in recent post). I drained some liquid off first and then added chopped kale and swiss chard before topping with pastry.

That was dinner. At lunch I used up the packet of gf buckwheat pancake premix. I made it the egg free method. It was average. We all ate though and another packet leaves the cupboard.

Tomorrow will be sushi day I think. Carrot and avocado and tinned tuna sushi. Yes you read correctly. Tinned tuna. We have it in the cupboard. I am a sinner. What we don't have in stock is sushi ginger, although we do have a big piece of root ginger. I'm off to google land after this post to see if we can make our own sushi ginger, presumanly without the plastic packaging and food colouring.

No comments: