Friday, April 25, 2008

Remembering

Today is Anzac Day. Fionn and I collected my cousin Mary and we went to the 9.30am cemetery service remebering those who fought and died in wars. Then we spent time putting flowers on graves with Mary.

This afternoon we planted Fionn and Brighid's placentas. We've only been holding onto them for 5+ years and 15 months respectively. Each one has gone underneath it's own cabbage tree, surrounded by home made compost.

We also raked up leaves and put them in the leaf mulch container my father in law made for me in January. And pulled out the last zucchini plant. Too cold for growth on it now.

Went out to friends' place for dinner tonight, going away for a few days from tomorrow. Cupboard project on hold until we are back.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I just jumped over from The Back 40

Wanted to say Hi and Nice Blog

Carolyn

Robbyn said...

I love your blog and listed you on my blogroll, if that's ok :)