Monday, January 14, 2008

some rearranging, some linking

High time I revisited my list of growing projects, which I've just done on the sidebar (is that the correct term?). I've stuck with what is in the garden at the moment and been pleased to see more successes than I had thought, compared with my previous Spring planting list.

I will have more to add shortly, as I posted another Kings Seeds order off yesterday. I'm aiming for a diverse range of winter greens this year, including foods I have never even tasted such as Mizuna and Black Radishes.

I do have favourite blogs and until now have not managed a blogroll (hoping I have the correct terminology yet again). So here is an annotated sample, and hopefully I will create my own blogroll soon. Nobody who I see locally, to my knowledge, has a blog. Not that I have mentioned locally that I have a blog either - it seems to be my 'other life' pastime, the one which is not connected to what the baby has eaten or where to buy school uniform.

Nikki, Sharon and Rachael are three very fine women who I knew online before they were blogging. They all combine gardening and parenting with thinking outside the square. Everybody else calls Rachael 'Rach, but I can't. She is 100% Rachael in my head and nothing has managed to change that.

I could give you a list of women who I would love to see blogging but that wouldn't enable you to harass them. So I need to do it privately. Tania I haven't changed my mind about wanting to see you blogging. Nor Jemma...

I like this permaculture blog. I've mentioned the wonderfully named Bifurcated Carrots before.

A regular read for me is Beansprouts. Melanie at Beansprouts consistently writes very interesting things and I feel like I have learnt a lot about her via this crazy but fun modern phenomenon of blogging. But like a grizzly old lady, I am about to grizzle. What is it with this craze for having sound on blogs? Internet time is peaceful time for me, as the day invariably involves large amounts of small child noise and I really dislike sites with noise. All computer noise is bad in my old lady universe despite the fact that I'm not really old at all.

Much as I like the sense of a community of bloggers, I'm still jolted and surprised when someone finds me from nowhere. I don't know what expectations people have and, just like in face to face local encounters, what makes two people click, clash or slide off each other's radar is difficult to explain. But here in Sandra's garden is not a place for consistency. I rarely make labels for my posts and mostly do gardening posts but not always. Sometimes I'm thinking about something else completely and here is where it goes. Filing is not in my nature.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Hi Sandy!!!!!! heeheehee
I'm so glad you call me Rachael.
It's taken me about ten years to get used to People I Don't Know calling me Rach. My own favourite handyman equivalent put it as our email address and from that point I became Rach......even my handyman didn't call me that (he prefers Chook!)....but everyone started calling me the shortened version. It felt wrong. But after a decade it's starting to feel normal. I'm so glad I'm still Rachael to someone though!
How's that for a narcissistic comment?
Allow me to also say I'm enjoying catching up on blogs tonight - what I lvoe about yours is that I never know what you'll be up to next. But I can be certain you'll write about it in a great way. Sorry, I coulda found a better adjective than that! But it's late and the handyman has given up calling me to come to bed!!!!!!
Better be off.

Melanie Rimmer said...

Mea maxima culpa! I've taken the annoying sounds off now. I didn't even know they were there (I always operate my laptop with the sound turned off). I hope you'll forgive me, and thanks for the link and the lovely comments you made about Bean Sprouts