Friday, January 18, 2008

I have a tomato bug and I need help...

Probably have them on my vines as well, but what I mean here is that, spurred on by yesterday's success, I'm keen on making more preserved tomato products. Some things I can freeze, and I'll be doing a few more batches of tomato sauce (I have a large pan but it will only take six kilos of tomatoes at a time). But I have the jars from the pasta sauce that I buy on special sometimes at the supermarket and I'm trying to work out how/whether I can make my own pasta sauce and preserve in the same jars. Our freezer space is limited and so preserving in jars is best if possible.

Any and all suggestions (recipes, tips and stories of your own success with this!) gratefully received.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Just make sure you put the sauce into the jars when it is hot and whack the lids on straightaway. Then it will suck down as it seals.
Same principle applies to jam and fruit preserves! But you knew that.