Wednesday, November 5, 2008

tucked up safely

Thank you for your recent comments of support for the chooks. They are safe in their coop now, which has a brick on top of it tonight so it cannot blow open. We've placed the temporary shelter round the coop so that they can still wander round outside as they wish in the early morning. It's still blowing hard outside.

I am having fun thinking of what I will plant in the vacated chook run. I didn't think we'd be moving it until Autumn, but I'm sure that now the chook run shelter has moved itself, we may as well home the chooks somewhere else and start growing. They've been on that 5 x 2 metres spot for over two months. I can see a zucchini down one end, herbs and flowers around the perimeter (close together to act as a deterrent to the grass moving back in), lots of silverbeet, kale, lettuces, maybe some bush tomatoes, beetroot. I could make a teepee in the middle for beans to grow up... I've never had a garden plot of 10sqm to play with from scratch like this before. Better find out when the next good seed sowing day is lunarly.

I am glad I didn't make great progress on lunar transplanting days earlier this week. I only got one zucchini transplanted and it is looking very poorly now. I think the wind has snapped it's stems.

2 comments:

Nova said...

heh heh i bet you were just *overjoyed* to have a new patch unexpectedly open up! ;) my whole vege patch is slightly smaller than 10sqm too :p

Sandra said...

oh yes indeedy!!