Thursday, November 20, 2008

fuel prices

Today I paid $1.45 per litre for petrol. $50 to fill up the car. That was heading close to $80 a couple of months ago. Petrol then was $2.21 per litre.

The green movement has been rather quiet on how petrol prices are a sign that we are running out of oil and that armegeddon is nigh, of late.

All the fault of the big bad men in suits, speculating crazily.

All the same, what goes up and down can go up again and with the endless talk of much deeper recession, I'm keeping my petrol consumption mostly reigned in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have really high hopes of what the experience of living through the end of petroleum could be. Mind blowing.

Anonymous said...

I think it was Heinberg, or possibly Kunstler, I can't remember, said that we were more likely to see volatility in the price of oil than a steady rise, and that there would probably be huge spikes followed by periods of recession as the price dropped again. But I can't remember where I read this. Grr.