Thursday, October 2, 2008

Apron Strings

Is the movie we saw at the opening of the film festival tonight. Set in Auckland, it explores the challenges two families, one running a curry house and the other an old fashioned cake shop, face in South Auckland. It was beautifully crafted and well worth seeing.

Also today: the final third of the plastic and shadecloth covering on the chook run is now up. I transplanted some more tomatoes. I had a cleaning binge which prompted me to make every visitor to the house today go down to the wash house and inspect my newly shiny tub. The bath is a whole new colour, all thanks to baking soda. I found all sorts of things in the wash house and am moving towards some serious decluttering there. Of course the rest of the house is life as usual. I can't be doing the whole house in one day.

I'm hoping to see the movie on Alun Bollinger tomorrow. Not because I'm familiar with his work as I don't know that I am. But he is a localish fellow and looks to have an interesting story. Either way, we are out to the film festival again on Saturday night to see The Hollow Men.

Next stop: find the latest book group book and read it. I've not been reading nearly as much as is good for me this year.

1 comment:

Sharonnz said...

Good to hear about Apron Strings. Our fantastic local boutique cinema just closed in the face of a new sterile multiplex in town so once I've gotten over being extremely grumpy about that I'll pop along to see this one. (What's your next read? My "to read" pile is breeding...something must be done!)