Thursday, October 16, 2008

phew

Great things:
Favourite Handyman is back.
I still have carrot seedlings.
I have germinated kale and calendula and lettuce seedlings from the latest sowing.
The chooks are laying an egg each every day.
The tomatoes and pumpkins and zucchini are getting larger and stronger inside. Just a fortnight or so more before I can plant them out.
I have gorgeous yellow striped with red tulips in the garden.
I have irises in the garden - the yellow ones are fading and the purple ones are unfolding.
I have self seeded pansies growing out of a crack in the concrete. Beautiful yellow splotches beside the dock leaves.
The freesias and calendulas and the rest of the pansies are blooming on.
I can identify the red stemmed garlic from Northland now - I think it is called Takahue.
Although all the large leaves on the lemon tree have turned bronze and fallen off, there are new, tiny leaves appearing.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

MM red stemmed garlic - sounds interesting. Where did you get it from?
I just brought NZ garlic - won't be organic but hope to next year - so will be watching with interest your garlic grow.

Love Leanne

Sandra said...

Koanga Gardens. I have some from my own crop last year, some saved from a man growing organic garlic up near Karamea and Kakanui and Takahue varieties from Koanga.