Sunday, October 12, 2008

Beach

Our visitors are here and have been suitably impressed with the mopped floor. I made them inspect it. We've been at the beach yesterday and today and had a great time. One highlight was the large log which was totally encrusted with shells hanging from threads. Some were still alive. It looked like a very beautiful Pacific Island skirt, glittering as it moved in the breeze.

I collected some seaweed and began a seaweed brew. I'll use it for my seedling pots, especially the tomatoes.

This week is looking a little scary. Plunket collecting, extra hours at my paid work job, getting the potato project kicked off at Fionn's school, writing group which I appear to be organising and for which I have not written anything all month, book group for which I've lost the book. blah blah blah. The most challenging bit is I'm doing it all solo as Favourite Handyman is away until Thursday night.

I've still got the chooks and my garden and I know that even twenty minutes spent collecting slugs for the chooks and transaplanting chamomile (next transplanting project) will lift my spirits and zen quota.

No comments: