Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Soooooooooooooooo

Favourite Handyman is missing in action, last seen in the pub.
Brighid has just emptied all of my new lettuce seedlings onto the ground. She sorted things efficiently - seedlings on the ground and the soil in her wheelbarrow.
Fionn is writing Christmas cards. Someone has to be good Christmas person round here and it turns out that this year it is Fionn.

My lovely friend Caroline visited today. I gave heaps of tiny baby-sized nappies and wraps to her son and his partner and we took a tour of the garden, admiring progress since Caroline's last visit. But the less exciting news is there isn't much hope for my raspberry plant. It has been in the soil since mid-April and is still less than 10 centimetres high. Perhaps it needs a different home. I'll be getting the fruit growing book out for more ideas later tonight. Out the front I showed Caroline my pumpkins and she advised against growing pumpkins in this part of the country. Not hot enough apparently.

But my borage is looking beautiful, quite ethereal. I'd love to have drifts of it throughout a curvy garden filled with flowers and herbs and vegetables.

But right now the children are falling apart and so I'll have to leave thoughts of dreamy garden vistas for another time.

No comments: