Sunday, December 21, 2008

Is there a greater love

... than a man who makes me another raised garden bed, when I hadn't even specifically requested it?

My delight is boundless. These holidays are off to a wonderful start. The sun is shining. The plants are growing.

Favourite Handyman has turned the area which I made a compost heap on out the front into an almost square raised bed and this afternoon I bought some Rua potatoes to go in it. After the potatoes, I'll be putting winter greens in there. We are talking about making a dome structure over the top of this new raised bed which we can cover with plastic for winter. I'm thinking of having a half round of plastic to offer some shelter and enhanced warmth yet still leave easy access to the garden bed.

3 comments:

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

Sandra, are you saying you'd rather have a raised bed than chocolate? Actually, I know the answer there already, you don't need to reply.

Tania

Sandra said...

But Tania, chocolate is available from any old dairy or supermarket. Raised beds, especially the kind made from the semi-rotten timbers we took off the side of the tool shed last summer, cut down to size, take time. and love. and skill.

Are you suggesting that you would rather have had chocolate than have Mike build your chook house?

Rach said...

I hereby invie FH to my farm when I get one. And Sandra you had better come too. Oh, and the kids.