Monday, January 12, 2009

Tree House

This afternoon Favourite Handyman and Fionn made the beginnings of a tree house. They now have a platform up in the tree above the old large compost spot, so while they sawed and hammered, the chooks pottered around in their temporary shelter on the other side of the tree.

I think I have one ripe cherry tomato. I am saving the picking and eating until the children are tucked up in bed. Otherwise the Garden Murderer will get in and pick and eat all the green ones. It's in her genes, so my parents have told me.

She does get to do a few garden jobs though, ones where she cannot murder plants. She and I made a new batch of seaweed brew today. Later I remembered I had comfrey and added some of that to the lidded bucket.

We ate our own broccoli and zucchini as part of dinner tonight. I have quite a bit of silverbeet going to seed and not really the right weather to feel like eating it. I do wonder what makes some go to seed and not others. Perhaps I should wash, chop and freeze some? Perhaps indeed.

No comments: