Wednesday, January 21, 2009

magnesium

Just for the record, so I can compare with next month's craze (hopefully something more exciting like vodka cocktails), I am thinking about magnesium a lot. I've been stepping up my project to learn more about the immune system and how to improve it. Seeing as I can't shove myself in anyone's womb and dictate that I'll have breastmilk and organic wholegrain grits thrice soaked in whey from Mohammed via the Caucasus. It's all too late on the setup front. Antibiotics, anasthetics and too many carbohydrates.

Last week it was all calcium. Then I found some more information and it turns out calcium is nothing without magnesium. And if I've concentrated properly, which is possible given that the small people who always want to be fed are away today, too much calcium can present similarly to too little calcium and really the issue is magnesium. Apparently they are antagonistic to each other, which is not quite what I was looking for. Harmony of my bodily elements is a much more appealing concept. I think.

Less sugar, less carbohydrates. Or is that fewer? Once I had a job where you risked being fired if you used fewer and less the wrong ways around.

Anyways, there are white butterflies hanging around my brassicas. Perhaps I should go evict them and scrape eggs off the leaves.

Magnesium and white butterflies. Yes, I am still on my lunch break from cleaning.

3 comments:

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

"Less sugar, less carbohydrates. Or is that fewer? Once I had a job where you risked being fired if you used fewer and less the wrong ways around."

Lol!!!

Mary said...

Discrete variables (things that are counted) - fewer. Continuous variables (things that are measured) - less.

Less sugar, fewer sugar granules! I would say fewer carbohydrates if you are talking about the number of those compounds you plan to consume.

(But you already knew that! ;-) ).

I'm not about to be fired because of this, just have nothing better to do right now and it's always nice to say hi via blog comment!

Nik said...

Yes Magnesium - has been a big eye opener for me too. With N likely to become calcium deficient on these steroids, making sure he gets the magnesium in is really the key.