Wednesday, August 13, 2008

reincarnation


If I was reincarnated as a frog, then I would enjoy days and days and more days and then further days beyond that of rain. Well I imagine I would.

If I was a frog, then I wouldn't feel conflicted between the needs of my (again) sick tadpoles and the needs of the people in my paid job. Cos frogs don't get paid. I presume.

If I was a frog, then wet weather and sick tadpoles would not keep me inside.

If I was a frog, then I would not need to collect money from the cash machine to pay for coal and lug bags of rubbish from two weeks because last week's illness meant held over unput-out rubbish... all before 7am.

If I was frog, then my baby would not be calling for me now.

... okay so I'm not going to be a frog, ever. I'll sign out and get over myself now then.

4 comments:

Rach said...

given how much you know about frogs, I'd say you *were* one in a past life;-)
next time you might be god

Anonymous said...

Frogs can't drink Guinness.

Tania

Sandra said...

You've convinced me Tania. I'll stay as me!

Next time Rachael I might be compost. Could I choose anything more useful, more elevated in terms of my own values?
:))

Bought disposable nappies today after farewelling the washing machine to the washing machine hospital for further investigations and surgery. Fionn suggested handwashing everything. Fionn wants to handwash Brighid's nappies, he is welcome to try. I'm not that committed a greenie.

Anonymous said...

I have actually done this. A week of cloth nappies and no washing machine was probably the longest week of my life (and the only one in which I would have happily swapped places with a frog).

Tania