Wednesday, November 14, 2007

cityfix

Big events in our little lives. All four of us are going to Christchurch for a wedding this weekend and then the children and I are staying in Chch for the week while Favourite Handyman flies off to a conference. He offered that his work could hire a motorbike and he'd drive that instead of flying but to his disappointment they didn't take that seriously.

I haven't organised a wedding present yet but I have organised my gardening buddy here to water the garden for us while we are away if the weather deems it necessary. Priorities... I've transplanted all my tomatoes into the garden or large pots.

I'm about to go to bed and finish reading an article about the super bad effects of dairy farming on the environment. Too much poo. Literally from what I've read so far. Bit like babies then. Have a lovely week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want to read some juicy facts about not only diary farming, but the whole food chain from end to end, Omnivore's Dilemma is a great book:

http://www.patnsteph.net/weblog/?p=64

It not just too much poo from the cows, it's what they are fed and how they are treated.

This book is mostly about the food system in the US, but the basic ideas apply to factory farming everywhere.