Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tomorrow is seed sowing day

I am almost always hopeless at aligning my seed sowing with the moon and my germination rate suffers as a result. But tomorrow, tomorrow if I am good and no one is dangerously ill and it doesn't turn out that I have a biting insect infestation (still not sure what bit me earlier in the week when I was collecting chook house poo/sawdust but I got more bites last night when I shifted the bags of aforementioned chook byproduct) and I don't just plain ole forget,

I am going to sow some seeds two days before the full moon.

I'll have to have a good look at my options in my seed drawer, but for the moment I am thinking coriander (God have you noticed that I am trying really hard to grow coriander?), rocket, silverbeet bright lights (some of which I will grow in a pot under the new lean-to, basil (for growing on the kitchen windowsill now it has cooled outside) and calendula.

Maybe it is worth a go at pak choy as well - I think I have some seed. As if the slugs needed more food.

2 comments:

Nova said...

hmmm innntteresting!! cos my book says to sow most things on the new moon?! no that i've managed to sow anything in *months* so maybe tonight i will grab a chance?!

Johanna Knox said...

Oh you have a seed drawer. That must be lovely. I have a seed brown paper bag stashed away in the back of a cupboard!