Monday, February 9, 2009

love, food & laundry

Today, from a capitalist viewpoint, I achieved nothing. I did not buy anything, or work for money, or covet anything material.

But...

On the way back from the school run (hardly onerous, we live across the road from Fionn's school), I saw my friend R and her boy. They had stopped to pick up their avocadoes. I run a small avocado co-op. So R and L came in and we spent the morning and lunch together. While the children played, we caught up on news and weeded the area around the sandpit.

In the afternoon I did more kitchen stuff to gain some order from my stock making missions of the night before and got the tomatoes cooking into rich pasta sauce. Then school run again and soon after P and his daughter A dropped off some of their washing. They live out of town on tank water and are low on water. Later they called back and chatted while I made dinner. Then dinner and family time before Favourite Handyman went back to work.

In the middle of that the laundry went. The washing machine and I breathe at similar rates. If you were paranoid about my health, you would put a checking device on the washing machine and call the ambulance people if it hadn't been in use for a certain (rather small) number of hours. I didn't buy the machine to look at.

So we ate 'proper' food and we linked up with our friends and I'd had such a nice day I was even moderately patient with my children between 4.30 and 7pm, which is something I am not generally good at.

Those speculatey people can go and speculate on their false promises and buy and sell imaginary paper money goods (or e-money goods). I have no plans to join them. A life of love is a life worth living.

1 comment:

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

That sounds like a wonderful day, Sandra.

Tania
x